(1) The Annual Meeting of the Administrative Council shall take place
in conjunction with the Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of the
International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (hereinafter referred
to as the "Bank"), unless the Council specifies otherwise.
(2) The Secretary-General shall coordinate the arrangements for the Annual
Meeting of the Administrative Council with the appropriate officers of
Notice of Meetings
(1) The Secretary-General shall, by any rapid means of communication,
give each member notice of the time and place of each meeting of the Administrative
Council, which notice shall be dispatched not less than 42 days prior
to the date set for such meeting, except that in urgent cases such notice
shall be sufficient if dispatched by telegram or cable not less than 10
days prior to the date set for such meeting.
(2) Any meeting of the Administrative Council at which no quorum is present
may be adjourned from time to time by a majority of the members present
and notice of the adjourned meeting need not be given.
Agenda for Meetings
(1) Under the direction of the Chairman, the Secretary-General shall
prepare a brief agenda for each meeting of the Administrative Council
and shall transmit such agenda to each member with the notice of such
(2) Additional subjects may be placed on the agenda for any meeting of
the Administrative Council by any member provided that he shall give notice
thereof to the Secretary-General not less than seven days prior to the
date set for such meeting. In special circumstances the Chairman, or the
Secretary-General after consulting the Chairman, may at any time place
additional subjects on the agenda for any meeting of the Council. The
Secretary-General shall as promptly as possible give each member notice
of the addition of any subject to the agenda for any meeting.
(3) The Administrative Council may at any time authorize any subject
to be placed on the agenda for any meeting even though the notice required
by this Regulation shall not have been given.
(1) The Chairman shall be the Presiding Officer at meetings of the Administrative
(2) If the Chairman is unable to preside over all or part of a meeting
of the Council, one of the members of the Administrative Council shall
act as temporary Presiding Officer. This member shall be the Representative,
Alternate Representative or temporary Alternate Representative of that
Contracting State represented at the meeting that stands highest on a
list of Contracting States arranged chronologically according to the date
of the deposit of instruments of ratification, acceptance or approval
of the Convention, starting with the State following the one that had
on the last previous occasion provided a temporary Presiding Officer.
A temporary Presiding Officer may cast the vote of the State he represents,
or he may assign another member of his delegation to do so.
Secretary of the Council
(1) The Secretary-General shall serve as Secretary of the Administrative
(2) Except as otherwise specifically directed by the Administrative Council,
the Secretary-General, in consultation with the Chairman, shall have charge
of all arrangements for the holding of meetings of the Council.
(3) The Secretary-General shall keep a summary record of the proceedings
of the Administrative Council, copies of which shall be provided to all
(4) The Secretary-General shall present to each Annual Meeting of the
Administrative Council, for its approval pursuant to Article 6(1)(g) of
the Convention, the annual report on the operation of the Centre.
Attendance at Meetings
(1) The Secretary-General and the Deputy Secretaries-General may attend
all meetings of the Administrative Council.
(2) The Secretary-General, in consultation with the Chairman, may invite
observers to attend any meeting of the Administrative Council.
(1) Except as otherwise specifically provided in the Convention, all
decisions of the Administrative Council shall be taken by a majority of
the votes cast. At any meeting the Presiding Officer may ascertain the
sense of the meeting in lieu of a formal vote but he shall require a formal
vote upon the request of any member. Whenever a formal vote is required
the written text of the motion shall be distributed to the members.
(2) No member of the Administrative Council may vote by proxy or by any
other method than in person, but the representative of a Contracting State
may designate a temporary alternate to vote for him at any meeting at
which the regular alternate is not present.
(3) Whenever, in the judgment of the Chairman, any action must be taken
by the Administrative Council which should not be postponed until the
next Annual Meeting of the Council and does not warrant the calling of
a special meeting, the Secretary-General shall transmit to each member
by any rapid means of communication a motion embodying the proposed action
with a request for a vote by the members of the Council. Votes shall be
cast during a period ending 21 days after such dispatch, unless a longer
period is approved by the Chairman. At the expiration of the established
period, the Secretary-General shall record the results and notify all
members of the Council. If the replies received do not include those of
a majority of the members, the motion shall be considered lost.
(4) Whenever at a meeting of the Administrative Council at which all
Contracting States are not represented, the votes necessary to adopt a
proposed decision by a majority of two-thirds of the members of the Council
are not obtained, the Council with the concurrence of the Chairman may
decide that the votes of those members of the Council represented at the
meeting shall be registered and the votes of the absent members shall
be solicited in accordance with paragraph (3) of this Regulation. Votes
registered at the meeting may be changed by the member before the expiration
of the voting period established pursuant to that paragraph.